Bookings can only be accepted on receipt of a signed Booking Form from the client. Provisional Bookings will be held for 10 working days pending receipt of the signed Booking Form. Once an invoice has been issued no amendment to a Booking will be valid unless accepted in writing by ourselves.
- Booking Amendments
Should a Booking need to be amended, the changes should be notified to us immediately in writing. We reserve the right to adjust the price to reflect changes from the original Booking. Should we be unable to incorporate your required changes, we reserve the right to cancel the Booking and our normal cancellation charges will apply.
- Cancellation by you
Should you wish to cancel your Booking the following cancellation charges will apply. Cancellation at all times should be notified to us in writing.
Period Prior to Event Cancellation Charge 6 months and over 10% 4 months 20% 3 months 25% 2 months 30% 1 month 50% 2 weeks 75% Less than 2 weeks 100%
Should a replacement Booking be found after we have received notice of your cancellation, the cancellation charge will be reduced by the value of the Booking subject to a minimum fee of 10% of the original cost.
- Cancellation by us
- We reserve the right to cancel your booking with immediate effect should events beyond our control prevent us fulfilling our responsibilities under the contract.
- We will not be liable for loss, damage or costs suffered or incurred by you due to events beyond our control.
- Events beyond our control include (without limitation) acts of God, fire, strikes or failure on your part to obtain necessary licenses. Should we cancel your Booking in these circumstances, unless it is related to an omission on your part, all sums paid by yourselves will be refunded in full.
- Current Price List
All charges for services will be based on our current price list, which is available on request. All prices are quoted exclusive of VAT which shall be payable in addition to the full cost at the ruling rate on the date of the invoice.
- Third Party Costs
Should we hire or buy any equipment, goods or services from a third party at your request, you will be charged for all costs incurred by us. A handling charge of 17.65% will be added. If you should cancel your Booking, you must pay any costs incurred by us to the date of the cancellation.
- Payment Terms
The invoice for a non-refundable deposit of 10% of the full fee will be issued by us on receipt of your signed Booking Form and must be paid by you within 28 days of the date of your invoice. If the deposit invoice is issued within 1 month of the event, the invoice is due for immediate payment. Should a deposit invoice not be paid by the due date, we reserve the right to cancel the Booking and charge additional cancellation fees as specified in clause 3 of these terms.
- Final Invoice
An invoice for the full amount due less the deposit will be issued immediately upon completion of an event. The invoice must be paid by you within 28 days of the date of the invoice. Overdue amounts are subject to a 2% per month discretionary interest charge.
- Conditions of use of the centre
You should not at any time:
- Move any of the furniture within the Centre or fix anything to the walls, ceilings or floors by any means.
- Bring any animals or equipment into the Centre without our prior written approval.
- Share occupation of the Centre.
- Fix any promotional material to the external walls of the Centre
- Show any videos or films without the required licenses.
- Allow any performing arts to take place in the Centre during your occupation.
- Use any part of the Centre for any unlawful purpose in any unlawful way.
- Alter, move or in any way interfere with lighting, heating, power or other electrical fittings or appliances in the Centre.
- Sell any liquor from the Centre under any circumstances.
- Permit smoking in the Centre, including the foyer and corridors.
- Maximum Number to be Admitted
The maximum number of persons to be admitted to the Centre is not to exceed 160 and during the Period, you must keep a note of the persons admitted.
- Statutory Requirements
You must comply with all the conditions and regulations made in respect of the Centre by the fire authority and/or the Centre and a copy of these will be supplied to you on request.
- Expiration of the Periods
At the expiration for the Period, you shall leave the Centre in a clean and orderly state free of litter and in particular (but without prejudice to the generality of the above) you shall remove all equipment previously bought in by you or on your behalf in accordance with clause 8(b).
- Damage to Property
You shall take good care and not cause any damage to be done to the Centre or to any fittings, equipment or other property in the Centre and you shall make good and pay for the damage caused by neglect of any act of you or anyone on your behalf.
- Injury to Persons and Loss of Property
- We will not be liable for the death or personal injury to you or your guests attending the Centre for the Period or for any losses, claims, demands, actions, proceedings, damages, costs or expenses or other liability incurred by you in the exercise of rights granted to you in the contract except where death or personal injury is caused by our negligence.
- We will not under any circumstances accept responsibility or liability in respect of any damage to or loss of any goods, articles or property of any kind brought into or left at the Centre either by you for your own purposes or by any other person or left or deposited with any of our offices or employees.
- You will Indemnify us against all liabilities as are mentioned in these Conditions.
- Further Exclusions of Liability
- We shall not be liable under any circumstances for any loss of profit, business or contracts or any other indirect or consequential damage of any nature whatsoever.
- We give no warranty that the Centre is legally or physically fit for any specific purpose.
You must take out public liability insurance with a reputable insurance company with a minimum of £5 million which will indemnify you, your contractors and ourselves against any claims, costs, proceedings, charges and expenses in respect of any injury to any person or loss or damage to property which occurs while you are in occupation of the Centre.
The Centre Manager will try and deal with all complaints immediately on the day of the event. Other complaints should be notified to the Centre Manager in writing within 7 days of the event.
The agreement is subject to English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- Booking – A booking for the use of the Centre
- Centre – The Lincoln Centre Ltd.
- Conditions – The standard terms and conditions set out in this document
- Period – The period of the use of the Centre in accordance with the Booking
- We – The Lincoln Centre Ltd.
- These conditions shall govern and be incorporated into every contract for the use of The Lincoln Centre made by us or on our behalf with you.
- Acceptance by you of a Booking made when you sign the Booking Form and return it to us shall be deemed to constitute unqualified acceptance of these conditions.